Location: Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton area)
Type: Full-time Permanent
Deadline: October 14, 2016 – Posting Closed. Position has been filled.
Bluetrain, an award-winning digital marketing agency, is seeking a Content Strategist who can help compile and contribute to “big picture” digital marketing strategies and coordinate the creation of high quality content for several Bluetrain clients. Become a part of the exciting industry of Online Marketing and experience year over year growth!
Who We Are
Bluetrain is an established, and growing, Digital Marketing Agency. We work with clients on an ongoing basis to manage their online presence and grow results. Bluetrain offers a full range of online marketing services including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Content strategy
- Online advertising (PPC/Display Ads)
- Social media marketing (Twitter, Facebook)
- Web analytics
Who We Work With
Bluetrain is the online marketing partner to numerous clients across Alberta and North America. Clients we work with include ATB Financial, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency, Alberta Education, Strathcona County, and Ryerson University MBA.
What We Offer
Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, vacation, health and dental benefits package, professional development opportunities, the ability to learn and grow within the company, a flexible work environment and a supportive and collaborative team.
Who We Want
The Content Strategist will have very strong writing and editing skills, and be able to assimilate many ideas and present them as a cohesive vision. The Content Strategist contributes high-level content recommendations to each digital strategy and ensures that all recommendations (from the team) are represented in the final digital strategy deliverable.
In addition to working on digital strategies, you will also have the opportunity to see many of your own content ideas come to life by coordinating the content creation process. This involves working with account managers to develop editorial calendars and managing relationships with writers to task out copy assignments, revise copy, provide feedback and give final approval on finished copy.
The successful candidate will have the skillset and personality fit for the role, as well as demonstrate enthusiasm for challenges that combine strategic thinking, creativity and excellent business writing and editing.
Reporting directly to the Director of Strategy and Operations your primary duties will include:
- Attending client discovery meetings to gain a better understanding of our clients’ customers
- Designing user personas and content strategies to improve existing (and guide future) digital assets
- Developing ad and social media messaging
- Creating content inventories to catalogue all digital assets and provide input for on-page improvement
- Analyzing client Google Analytics data to identify areas of weakness/opportunity
- Leading brainstorming sessions with client teams to uncover new ideas for web content
- Performing keyword research to improve client’s organic and paid search
- Creating client editorial calendars and supervising the production of client copy
- Collaborating with writers on assignments, proofing and editing copy, and providing feedback
- Ensuring all finished content effectively represents client brand voice and values
- Copywriting of ads and other material when needed
- Working with the team to complete the overall digital marketing strategy, for the promotion of content online through email, media releases, social media, media outreach and online advertisements, etc.
Secondary duties include assisting with Bluetrain Marketing:
- Managing Bluetrain’s editorial calendar & coordinating promotion of it
- Preparing and sending Bluetrain’s monthly newsletter
- Spearheading the creation of Bluetrain’s quarterly award applications
The successful candidate will have attended a post-secondary institution. Bluetrain will consider any applicant with a background in marketing, technical/business writing or journalism.
Formal online marketing education is not necessary but would be considered an asset.
Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- At least 1-2 years working experience with either marketing communications, public relations or business writing
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of tone of voice, proper grammar and delivering constructive feedback
- Experience compiling presentation materials and written documents
- Capacity to learn quickly and think creatively within project constraints
- Ability to manage tight timelines and collaborate with others both in person and virtually
- Experience analyzing and interpreting Google Analytics data would be considered an asset
- Experience managing social media and/or email campaigns is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Ability to see the big picture while paying attention to small grammatical details
- Display high level of empathy for others and ability to comprehend several different perspectives on the same problem
- Very self-reliant and able to work independently
- Personable and people-oriented
- Highly motivated to complete tasks on time and with a high degree of quality
- Display enthusiasm and willingness to help solve new issues
- Ability to manage & complete tasks across many projects in a timely manner
- Enjoy working with a team
- Strong desire for continuous self-learning
- Sense of humour and ability to have fun.
To apply for this position please tell us why you think you are right for this role and send a copy of your resume, cover letter and one technical writing sample (i.e. a blog, a case study) to [email protected] — include in subject line: Content Strategist.
Bluetrain would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview within the next 2-3 weeks.