Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. We focus on providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), among others.
We currently have a temporary one year opportunity for a:
Social Media Strategist
What We Offer You:
With a core value of ‘Balance’, the Bluetrain team lives rewarding and balanced lives both at home and at work. We work hard but take the time to have fun. Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, vacation, health and dental benefits package, professional development opportunities, the ability to grow within the company, a flexible work environment and a supportive collaborative team. Learn about all our core values.
Who We Want:
A Social Media Strategist who is excited by online marketing. You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of social media strategies in order to achieve clients’ goals, including increasing online presence and improving marketing and sales efforts.
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategies
- Complete social media audit
- Complete competitive analysis
- Define important social media KPI’s
- Outline best practices and optimal efforts
- Offer content pillar suggestions based on industry and platforms
- Determine a course of action to implement the strategy
- Work with other departments to ensure synergy between strategy elements when necessary
- Analyze and present performance data to introduce new strategies and best practices for content
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Manage comments and direct messages, depending on the contract
- Flag outstanding information for clients
- Social listening and/or monitoring
- Create social media content
- Engaging captions that vary for each platform.
- Hashtag Research
- Utilize social media content for each platform and audience
- Optimal Posting Time
- Character Count
- Alt Text
- Increase and measure desired social media metrics
- Social Media Analytics
- Define and measure KPIs
- Suggest improvements based on the information
- Create a monthly report
- Develop and implement social media strategy and improvement tactics
- Meet with clients
- Discuss social media strategy
- Discuss social media performance
- Share suggestions when appropriate
- Create additional content for clients within the scope of the position and contract
- Manage small ($500) social media ad accounts
- Stay up to date with emerging social media trends and platforms
- Collaborate with others, both internally and externally, including; account managers, digital content creators, digital marketing specialists, copywriters, marketing, sales, and department teams.
- Assist with the setup, implementation and training of social media tools for clients and coworkers
- Assist additional content creation process or recommendations to those who can
- Effective time management
- Comfortable with online software
- Creative thinking
- An eye for trends and analytics
- Committed and consistent
- Strong proficiency in writing and editing
- Confident communication and collaboration skills
- Eager to learn
- Degree in marketing, communications, or similar
- Knowledge of search engines, search engine optimization (SEO) and basic factors that can influence rankings
- Knowledge of the impact of other online marketing activities (eg. Online Advertising – PPC/Display, Usability – UX)
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or other CMS
If the description above sounds like YOU please send your cover letter & resume to [email protected], Attention: Alex Carnio, Director of Social Media and Content Marketing. Please note the job title in the subject line.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We value diversity and inclusion and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain.