Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. We focus on providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), among others.
We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a:
Digital Marketing Specialist
What you will do:
As a Digital Marketing Specialist at Bluetrain, you enjoy watching your client’s trend lines go up while continuing to focus on data-driven approaches to continually improve their digital marketing presence. You are comfortable analyzing and reporting on the successes you achieve towards your client’s goals and objectives. You constantly crave and seek out new knowledge about digital marketing, search engine optimization, analytics, and social media including how they can work to achieve success for your clients. You are willing to get technical when needed to and can dig into complex problems relating to technology.
As a Digital Marketing Specialist, you will work cooperatively with other members of the operational and account management team to create long-term goals and plans for your clients. This job requires a creative and innovative thinker that understands technology and the people who use it. Your clients will look to you to execute on and support the overall strategy and tactics for digital marketing activity, including how to track, analyze and report on the results. You must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, as you will be called on to be involved in client meetings and work collaboratively with other team members responsible for digital strategy.
The nuts and bolts:
- Collaborate with your operational team to support and implement annual strategic plans for ongoing clients, including completing the tactics and the execution of the plan to drive continued growth and improvement for your clients
- Define, track, analyze, and report on results using KPI’s, metrics and data to show the progress on reaching client goals and objectives
- Review and recommend tactics monthly contributing to client’s digital marketing plan
- Implementing onsite optimization (on-page SEO) or other improvements using a client’s CMS
- Providing monthly reports to Account Managers for your ongoing client sites
- Performing research / setup initiatives including technical SEO site audits & reports, competitive analysis, keyword research, content optimization, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager setups.
- Implementing local search best practices (I.e. Google My Business, Reviews, Citations)
- Plan relevant outreach strategies to directly build quality links and citations for client websites
What you bring:
Your role is to generate ongoing results for your clients using multiple channels and platforms such as SEO, content marketing, social media, web analytics and online advertising. You possess a high standard of quality, and you are looking for a collaborative digital marketing role in a company that shares this value. You are able to work professionally and cooperatively with clients and coworkers to build a collaborative work environment. Most importantly, you understand the value of data-driven digital marketing to help clients continually grow online.
What we are looking for:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing/Business, and/or Web Design or Development is a definite asset
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience with SEO and SEM/PPC marketing, social media marketing, channel marketing and/or marketing campaign management
- Hands-on experience that includes set-up and managing analytics and tag management platforms in an ongoing capacity including regular analysis, reporting and measurement
- Proven experience with marketing measurement tools focused on conversion, attribution and performance management
- Demonstrated success with digital marketing plan execution, measuring and reporting the results; a data-driven thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and executives is an asset
While you bring some knowledge and experience to the table, we also understand that you want to develop in your career, so we also provide training to our new colleagues. Our hope is that you will impart that knowledge and experience on the team as well.
What you’ll get:
As our new colleague, you’ll be part of the continuing growth of a local success story! You will be surrounded by smart, passionate teammates who collaborate and innovate in order to provide our customers with the best possible solutions to their digital marketing challenges!
We believe that happy, healthy employees produce the best results, so we proudly support life balance initiatives such as:
- A competitive compensation package
- A remote work policy for working outside the office on a short-term, extended, or permanent basis
- Flexibility in hours to start and end your day
We get that you care about your team and your community, so we regularly engage in social activities to help us all stay connected.
If you are passionate about digital marketing and the above description sounds like you, please send a cover letter with resume to:
Please note “Digital Marketing Specialist Application” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.