Location: Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton area)
Type: Full-time Permanent
Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. Think of us as an online marketing conductor, providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Strathcona County.
We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a:
Digital Marketing Specialist
What you’ll do:
As a Digital Marketing Specialist job #1 is to generate ongoing results for our clients using multiple channels and platforms such as SEO, content marketing, social media, web analytics and online advertising. You will work cooperatively with other members of the operational and account management team to create long-term goals and plans for your clients. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a high standard of quality, looking for a collaborative digital marketing role in a company that shares this value.
What you are responsible for:
- Implementing tactics monthly from digital marketing plans across multiple clients.
- Collaborating with the team on digital marketing strategy development across all channels.
- Analyzing results from digital marketing campaigns for clients, monitoring site traffic and conversions, determining what was successful, finding areas for improvement.
- Work with copywriters as needed to prioritize & build relevant content for client sites.
- Implementing onsite optimization (on-page SEO) or other improvements using a client’s CMS.
- Providing monthly reports to Account Managers for your ongoing client sites.
- Performing research / setup initiatives including technical SEO site audits & reports, competitive analysis, keyword research, content optimization, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Supporting client website redesigns; including site planning (architecture, redirects, etc.), SEO and usability reviews of wireframes, designs, and website.
- Staying up-to-date with search engine ranking factors, algorithm changes, and digital industry trends by researching / reading.
- Identifying and troubleshooting Analytics or site issues – working with team to resolve problems found.
- Implementing local search best practices (ie. Google My Business, Reviews, Citations)
- Plan relevant outreach strategies to directly build quality links and citations for client websites.
- Presenting at client meetings when necessary to share key deliverables.
What you bring:
- Educated to college/university degree level or higher.
- Degree in Marketing/Business, and/or Web Design or Development is an asset.
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of digital marketing (SEO/social) experience is desired.
- Experience managing paid social campaigns, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience performing extensive keyword research.
- Experience creating on-page SEO recommendations.
- Experience setting up web analytics conversion goals and reporting.
- Knowledge of using industry tools such as Google Search Console, Google Data Studio, Moz, SEMrush and Screaming Frog is an asset.
- Experience planning SEO strategy including outreach, content marketing campaigns and ongoing content development plans is an asset.
- Experience running paid search campaigns in AdWords is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics with ability to interpret and share insightful stories with data.
- Google Tag Manager implementation experience is an asset.
- Experience with email marketing and marketing automation is an asset.
- Coding and/or web design background would be considered an asset.
- Experience using a CMS, particularly WordPress, is an asset.
While you bring some knowledge and experience to the table, we also understand that you want to develop in your career, so we also provide training to our new colleagues. Our hope is that you will impart that knowledge and experience on the team as well, as we provide mentoring opportunities.
What you’ll get:
As our new colleague, you’ll be part of the continuing growth of a local success story! You will be surrounded by smart, passionate teammates who collaborate and innovate in order to provide our customers with the best possible solutions to their SEO challenges!
We believe that happy, healthy employees produce the best results, so we proudly support life balance initiatives such as:
- A competitive compensation package
- Vacation time PLUS paid time off for the Holiday break in December/January
- A remote work policy for working outside the office on a short-term, extended or permanent basis
- Flexibility in hours to start and end your day
We get that you care about your team and your community, so we regularly engage in social activities to help us all stay connected.
If you are passionate about digital marketing and the above description sounds like you, please send a cover letter with resume to:
Please note “Digital Marketing Specialist Application” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.