Location: Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton area)
Type: Full-time Permanent
Deadline: June 11, 2018
Who We Are:
Bluetrain is an established, and growing, Digital Marketing Agency. Our core service offerings are search engine optimization (SEO), online advertising, social media, content marketing, web analytics, and overarching digital strategy. We work with clients on an ongoing basis to manage their online presence and grow results.
Who We Work With:
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from different industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Strathcona County.
What We Offer You:
With a core value of ‘Balance’, the Bluetrain team live rewarding and balanced lives both at home and at work. We work hard but take the time to have fun. Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, vacation, health and dental benefits package, paid time off between Christmas and New Years, professional development opportunities, the ability to learn and grow within the company, a flexible work environment, a supportive and collaborative team, monthly social activities and weekly happy hour. Check out our Instagram account for an inside look at our office and company culture.
Who We Want:
The Digital Marketing Specialist role is to generate ongoing results for our clients using multiple channels and platforms such as SEO, content marketing, social media, web analytics and online advertising. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a high standard of quality, looking for a collaborative digital marketing role in a company that shares this value.
- Educated to college/university degree level or higher.
- Degree in Marketing/Business, and/or Web Design or Development is an asset.
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of digital marketing (SEO/social) experience is desired.
Digital Marketing Specialist’s main duties will include:
- Implementing tactics monthly from digital marketing plans across multiple clients.
- Collaborating with the team on digital marketing strategy development across all channels.
- Analyzing results from digital marketing campaigns for clients, monitoring site traffic and conversions, determining what was successful, finding areas for improvement.
- Manage client paid social advertising campaigns across relevant platforms (ex. Facebook, Instagram)
- Work with copywriters as needed to prioritize & build relevant content for client sites.
- Implementing onsite optimization (on-page SEO) or other improvements using a client’s CMS.
- Providing monthly reports to Account Managers for your ongoing client sites.
- Performing research / setup initiatives including technical SEO site audits & reports, competitive analysis, keyword research, content optimization, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Supporting client website redesigns; including site planning (architecture, redirects, etc.), SEO and usability reviews of wireframes, designs, and website.
- Staying up-to-date with search engine ranking factors, algorithm changes, and digital industry trends by researching / reading.
- Identifying and troubleshooting Analytics or site issues – working with team to resolve problems found.
- Implementing local search best practices (ie. Google My Business, Reviews, Citations)
- Plan relevant outreach strategies to directly build quality links and citations for client websites.
- Presenting at Client meetings when necessary to share key deliverables.
Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience managing paid social campaigns, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience performing extensive keyword research.
- Experience creating on-page SEO recommendations.
- Experience setting up web analytics conversion goals and reporting.
- Knowledge of using industry tools such as Google Search Console, Google Data Studio, Moz, SEMrush and Screaming Frog is an asset.
- Experience planning SEO strategy including outreach, content marketing campaigns and ongoing content development plans is an asset.
- Experience running paid search campaigns in AdWords is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics with ability to interpret and share insightful stories with data.
- Google Tag Manager implementation experience is an asset.
- Experience with email marketing and marketing automation is an asset.
- Coding and/or web design background would be considered an asset.
- Experience using a CMS, particularly WordPress, is an asset.
- Confident communicating recommendations.
- Results-oriented – passionate about getting results and doing a great job.
- Highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- An independent worker that self motivates to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality).
- Ability to prioritize across multiple clients, tasks and deadlines.
- A highly analytical mind, comfortable analyzing data and problem solving.
- Enjoys working with a team.
- High desire for continuous learning of new things.
If you are passionate about digital marketing and the above description sounds like you, please send a cover letter with resume to:
Please note “Digital Marketing Specialist Application” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.