Location: Hybrid or Remote, Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton area) / Extensive remote work policy
Type: Full-time Permanent
Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. Think of us as an online marketing conductor, providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Campari Group. Bluetrain is also a Champion level sponsor with Canada Learning Code, a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing accessible computer science to communities across Canada. We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for:
What you’ll do:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for project setup, resource allocation / scheduling, project management processes/templates, team support and reports across client projects and ongoing programs. The Project Coordinator is also an integral contributor to the sales effort through estimating resources/timelines.
As a Project Coordinator, you will use the data in the PM system to support company decision making and help to drive improvements in agency utilization rates. As a data driven company, you will review and identify opportunities to enhance existing processes and procedures.
This job requires an organized individual that has high attention to detail; the team will look to you for direction to keep projects and tasks on track. You will be responsible for allocating the schedule of client work, ensuring that client deliverables and deadlines are met.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- Enter project details, tasks and timelines into the project management system (Accelo) based on approved proposals.
- Track resources, manage people allocation, and resolve resourcing imbalance with department heads.
- Track timelines and milestones across client projects.
- Oversee updating & prioritizing tasks across all staff (ensure staff are reviewing and updating).
- Maintain process templates and ongoing client setup structure in project management software (Accelo).
- Keep up-to-date on agency project management best practices, tools and processes.
- Support Account Managers/Sales with timeline estimates for new client requests and proposals.
- Support Client Services Manager with review of monthly client invoicing to ensure no billing errors before processing begins.
- Update/run reports to analyze metrics by client/project and agency as a whole.
What you Bring:
- Educated to college/university post secondary level or higher.
- A Degree in Business Administration or similar is an asset.
- Formal project management education is an asset.
- At least 3+ years of experience managing projects. Managing projects for advertising or marketing services is an asset.
- Strong experience managing across numerous clients/projects at one time.
- Experience compiling, reviewing/editing project/company data reports.
- Experience identifying and troubleshooting internal resourcing challenges.
- Experience effectively working with remote project teams is an asset.
- Agency experience is also a significant asset.
- Experience using Accelo or other similar project management software
- An understanding of digital marketing projects/services, such as search engine optimization (SEO), advertising, web analytics and website projects.
- Above average attention to detail.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A natural problem solver.
- Ability to confidently receive and provide constructive feedback within team on project management improvements and deadlines/priorities.
- An independent worker that is self-motivated to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality), but also enjoys working with a team.
- Ability to implement and enhance processes.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and self-development.
- Sense of humour and ability to have fun with teammates.
What you’ll get:
As our new colleague, you’ll be part of the continuing growth of a 16-year digital agency success story! You will be surrounded by smart, passionate teammates who collaborate and never stop learning in order to provide our customers with the best possible solutions to their marketing challenges!
We believe that happy, healthy employees produce the best results, so we proudly support life balance initiatives such as:
- A competitive compensation package
- Start at 3-weeks vacation time PLUS paid time off for the Holiday break in December/January.
- A progressive remote work policy for working outside the office on a short-term, extended or permanent basis
- enjoy working with a diverse team located across Canada and Europe!
- Employee group benefits plan (health, dental, massage etc)
- An additional $500 health spending account (HSA) after one year.
- Flexibility in hours to start and end your day
- Monthly team activities hosted by our Remote Culture Club!
- Ex. this month is a murder mystery!
Bluetrain’s Commitment to Diversity
At Bluetrain, our passion is to “Do Great Things, With Great People.” We recognize that working with a diverse group of team members, clients, and partners, increases our ability to produce greatness in both our work and community. Bluetrain is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion through implementing policies, practices and partnerships that support that vision.
Bluetrain’s Commitment to Inclusion
Though we see diversity as a priority, it is even more important that we create a culture where people from all backgrounds feel included. Inclusivity is the key to actually maintaining (not just creating) diversity in the workplace. An inclusive approach is thoroughly integrated into the ongoing activities, operations and relationships of the organization. Bluetrain will make every effort to identify and remove barriers to inclusion, and continuously improve through a process of evaluation and change.
If you are passionate about digital marketing, a close-knit and inclusive culture, and the above description sounds like you, please start the application process here:
Step 1: send a cover letter with resume to: [email protected]
Please note “Project Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.