Location: Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton Area)
Note: We are looking for a full-time in-office Digital Marketing Strategist with a specialization in SEO. We are not hiring remote employees for this position.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Currently accepting intermediate or senior level applicants for immediate hire. Please note, this is not an entry level position.
Bluetrain is an established, and growing, professional online marketing firm seeking an Digital Marketing Strategist specializing in SEO. Bluetrain works with clients across North America offering core services of search engine optimization (SEO), online advertising (PPC/Display Ads), social media marketing (Twitter, Facebook, Google+) and web analytics. We act as an outsourced online marketing department for agencies, marketing firms and clients from across many industries, including specialty chocolate, outdoor gear, national charities, adventure travel and more, managing their online presence on an ongoing basis to grow results.
The successful candidate must live and breathe SEO! If you daydream about 301 redirects, link profiles, and site content structure than this may be the job for you. The ideal individual will possess a strong basis of technical SEO knowledge and will enjoy analyzing and interpreting keyword and analytics data. Candidates must feel comfortable spearheading content recommendations that not only appeals to readers, but also meets SEO objectives. Candidates must thrive working in a small business environment (currently team of 10) and be comfortable working with off-site team members virtually. The successful candidate will have the right skill set, a personality fit for the role, and demonstrate enthusiasm for challenges that combine technical SEO, content recommendations and data analysis.
Reporting directly to the Director of Digital Marketing your main duties will include:
- Performing research / setup initiatives including technical site audits, competitive analysis, keyword research, content optimization, and Google Analytics setup.
- Contributing ideas and helping implement comprehensive local citation and content marketing strategies for client websites.
- Completing SEO technical site audits (ex. host/domain setup, indexing issues, redirects, duplicates, on-site elements etc) and compilation of detailed recommendations in an easy to understand report.
- Performing Keyword Research work and communicating results to clients.
- Compiling client relevance feedback for keyword analysis / mapping selections.
- Proposing and implementing detailed on-site optimization recommendations.
- Working with a team to develop client digital marketing plans – bringing own input and recommendations to team brainstorms.
- Implementing tactics monthly from digital marketing plans across multiple clients.
- Supporting client website redesigns with input on site architecture planning and SEO changes.
- Paid search, social media ad management and content marketing experience are also assets.
- Educated to college/university degree level or higher.
- Studies in Marketing/Business, Information, or Programming is an asset.
- Formal online marketing education is an asset.
Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required as well as strong understanding of proper grammar.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience performing extensive keyword research for multiple websites.
- Experience creating on-site SEO recommendations, such as Titles, Headings, URLs, anchor text, body content for multiple websites.
- Experience performing technical SEO site audits for multiple websites.
- Experience setting up Google Analytics for multiple websites, including implementation of event tracking, goals, and filters.
- Knowledge of using standard SEO tools, such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, SEOmoz, Raven etc would be an asset.
- Experience planning long-term Digital Marketing strategy for multiple websites, including link attraction, content marketing campaigns and ongoing content development plans.
- A high level of detail.
- Confident communicating recommendations.
- Task-oriented and highly motivated to complete task lists on time.
- An independent worker that self motivates to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality).
- A highly analytical mind, comfortable analyzing data.
- Is proficient at managing tasks across many projects, and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Enjoys working with a team.
- High desire for continuous self-learning of new things.
- Sense of humour and ability to have fun.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] – include in subject line Digital Marketing Strategist.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted.