Location: Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton area) / Extensive remote work policy
Salary: $25.00-$45.00 per hour
Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. Think of us as an online marketing conductor, providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Strathcona County. Bluetrain is also a Champion level sponsor with Canada Learning Code, a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing accessible computer science to communities across Canada. We currently have a contract opportunity for:
Social Media Specialist
What We Offer You:
With a core value of ‘Balance’, the Bluetrain team lives rewarding and balanced lives both at home and at work. We work hard but take the time to have fun. Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, the ability to grow within the company, a flexible work environment and a supportive, collaborative team.
Who We Want:
A Social Media Specialist for an ongoing contract position. You will be responsible for the creation and management of organic social media content in order to achieve clients’ goals, including increasing the brand’s online presence, engagement, and brand awareness, as well as improving overall social marketing efforts.
This is initially a contract position but could potentially turn into a full-time role based on mutual interest.
- Manage social media content planning & creation. You will assist with the setup, implementation and training of social media tools for clients and internal staff, create monthly/quarterly plans to outline the social media content, and flag outstanding information & best practices for clients and internal staff.
- Create social media content. You will develop engaging & optimal captions and copy for social media content, create & source graphic elements (including images, video & templates), edit and revise content as needed, and schedule content into Social Scheduler (HeyOrca).
- Perform engagement tactics when applicable. You will be responsible for responding to comments & messages received by the brand (Community Management) and strategically engaging on external partner accounts (Growth Engagement).
- Optimize social media content for each platform and audience. You will schedule content in a timely manner to meet client review deadlines, optimize content based on the platform, while keeping in mind optimal character count, hashtag usage, location tagging, alt text, etc. You will utilize the features of each platform for the most optimal performance.
- Increase and measure desired social media metrics. You will define, measure and review KPIs on a regular basis. You’ll create the monthly report for clients, including metrics, insights and recommendations and suggest improvement tactics, and other service lines when appropriate.
- Collaborate with others, both internally and externally. From Bluetrain’s account management team to operations teams, to external vendors/partners and copywriters, and our clients’ marketing, sales, and other department teams, you will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with emerging social media trends and platforms. You are curious and always know about the latest trends and updates.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices
- Proficient with social media tools, resources and other online platforms
- Excellent understanding of all social media platforms
- Confident communication and collaboration skills
- Practical understanding of social media KPIs and metrics
- Effective time management skills
- Creative thinker
- Client focused
- Committed and consistent
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Eager to learn
Education and Experience:
- Degree in marketing, communications, or similar
- Social Media Marketing: 2-3 years (preferred)
- Knowledge of search engines, search engine optimization (SEO) and basic factors that can influence rankings
- Knowledge of the impact of other online marketing activities (eg. Online Advertising – PPC/Display, Usability – UX)
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or other CMS
Bluetrain’s Commitment to Diversity
At Bluetrain, our passion is to “Do Great Things, With Great People.” We recognize that working with a diverse group of team members, clients, and partners, increases our ability to produce greatness in both our work and community. Bluetrain is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion through implementing policies and practices that support that vision.
Bluetrain’s Commitment to Inclusion
Though we see diversity as a priority, it is even more important that we create a culture where people from all backgrounds feel included. Inclusivity is the key to actually maintaining (not just creating) diversity in the workplace. An inclusive approach is thoroughly integrated into the ongoing activities, operations and relationships of the organization. Bluetrain will make every effort to identify and remove barriers to inclusion, and continuously improve through a process of evaluation and change.
If you are passionate about digital marketing and the above description sounds like you, please send a cover letter with resume to: [email protected]
Please note “Social Media Specialist (contract)” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.