Location: Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton area) / Extensive remote work policy
Type: Full-time Permanent
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000
Deadline: January 16, 2023
Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. Think of us as an online marketing conductor, providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Strathcona County. Bluetrain is also a Champion level sponsor with Canada Learning Code, a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing accessible computer science to communities across Canada. We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for:
Team Lead, Paid Media
What You’ll Do:
As the Team Lead, Paid Media at Bluetrain you will oversee the advertising department operations and direct a team of Advertising Specialists and Strategists. You will head up a team that possess a unique ability to define the strategic direction for their clients and execute on that plan while analyzing and reporting on the successes they achieve towards their client’s goals and objectives. You bring a wide knowledge of digital and other content delivery platforms, and a unique ability to guide and direct others when it comes to leveraging different platforms to achieve our clients’ goals. You are the one that knows when you have to connect technical and non-technical teams, a translator of business and technology language with the ability to turn business problems into solutions.
As the Team Lead, Paid Media, you will work cooperatively with other members of the operational and account management team to create long-term goals and plans for your clients. This job requires a creative and innovative thinker that understands technology and the people who use it. Your clients will look to you to determine the best direction for digital marketing efforts, including how to track, analyze and report on the results. You must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, as you will be called on to direct client meetings and work collaboratively or manage teams responsible for digital strategy.
The Nuts and Bolts
- Supervise and manage a team of Digital Advertising Specialists and Strategists including managing their workload and allocation, and quality assurance / quality control including regularly reviewing account and campaign setups, reviewing the results and reporting of campaigns and advertising activity.
- Collaborate with Bluetrain team members in developing digital marketing strategies for clients, representing the advertising channel (all platforms, tactics/targeting, budgets etc.).
- Perform spot-check reviews of client ad accounts to drive continual improvement recommendations and team skills/knowledge development.
- Manage a small portfolio of your own priority ad accounts monthly to improve performance and keep strong working knowledge of platforms.
- Provide a primary secondary review option for new advertising account builds or new significant campaign setups. This includes ensuring proper analytics in place.
- Support Account Managers with challenging advertising questions, performance issues, and join client meetings whenever advertising manager presence is required.
- Provide consultation on strength of advertising landing pages, including recommendations for landing page optimization, such as A/B testing.
- Review mid-month ad spend report across clients and determine any needed action.
- Facilitate training, coaching, and improvement on advertising processes & ongoing management framework.
- Stay on top of digital advertising trends to keep Bluetrain team expertise updated across platforms and relevant digital media buying & programmatic methods.
- Support business development in larger/complex advertising opportunities, such as scoping enterprise-level campaign proposals.
- Complete performance evaluations for employees and contractors
What you Bring:
You can analyze large quantities of data and identify the most important insights, trends, and observations for your client’s digital properties. You are able to work professionally and cooperatively with clients and coworkers to build a collaborative work environment. You possess a high level of technical understanding and can apply that when determining what are the good, the bad and the ugly parts of our clients’ websites and digital channels. Most importantly, you understand the value of data-driven digital marketing to help clients continually grow online.
More Nuts & Bolts:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing/Business, and/or Web Design or Development is a definite asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with data presentation, SEO and SEM/PPC marketing, social media marketing, channel marketing and/or marketing campaign management.
- Hands-on experience that includes managing analytics and tag management platforms in an ongoing capacity including regular analysis, reporting and measurement.
- Proven experience with marketing measurement tools focused on conversion, attribution, and performance management.
- Demonstrated success with developing strategic plans, plan execution, measuring and reporting the results; data-driven thinker and problem solver.
- Experience supervising and managing a team of digital advertisers or related positions with a proven track record focused on growth and performance of your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and executives is an asset.
While you bring some knowledge and experience to the table, we also understand that you want to develop in your career, so we also provide training to our new colleagues. Our hope is that you will impart that knowledge and experience on the team as well, as we provide mentoring opportunities.
What you’ll get:
As our new colleague, you’ll be part of the continuing growth of a local success story! You will be surrounded by smart, passionate teammates who collaborate and innovate in order to provide our customers with the best possible solutions to their digital marketing challenges!
We believe that happy, healthy employees produce the best results, so we proudly support life balance initiatives such as:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Vacation time PLUS paid time off for the Holiday break in December/January.
- A remote work policy for working outside the office on a short-term, extended, or permanent basis.
- Flexibility in hours to start and end your day.
We get that you care about your team and your community, so we regularly engage in social activities to help us all stay connected.
If you are passionate about digital marketing and the above description sounds like you, please start the interview process here:
Step 1: Complete a twenty-minute online prescreen questionnaire and an assessment that showcases your top traits which will be shared with us (a copy of the report will be sent to you as gratitude for applying).
Click here to access the questionnaire and assessment: https://bit.ly/3u9FRMt
Step 2: send a cover letter with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note “Team Lead, Paid Media Application” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, phone call and/or interview will be contacted.