Location: Sherwood Park, AB (Edmonton area)
Type: Full-time Permanent
Become a part of the exciting industry of Online Marketing and experience year over year growth!
Who We Are:
Bluetrain is an established, and growing, Digital Marketing Agency. Our core service offerings are online advertising, social media, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), web analytics, and overarching digital strategy. We work with clients on an ongoing basis to manage their online presence and grow results.
Who We Work With:
We work with agencies, marketing firms and clients throughout North America and across many different industries, including specialty chocolate, national charities, home builders and more. Clients we work with include ATB Financial, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UNHCR Canada, EPCOR, Strathcona County, and Ryerson University MBA.
What We Offer You:
With a core value of ‘Balance’, the Bluetrain team live rewarding and balanced lives both at home and at work. We work hard but take the time to have fun. Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, vacation, health and dental benefits package, professional development opportunities, the ability to learn and grow within the company, a flexible work environment and a supportive collaborative team.
Who We Want:
We are looking for a junior to intermediate level web developer wanting something a little different. Bluetrain is a digital marketing agency with a focus on Search Engine Optimization, paid online advertising, digital content development, and advanced web analytics. We would like someone with the technical skills to troubleshoot client sites, support analytics implementations, and identify technical issues on an ongoing basis. We most commonly deal with WordPress sites but ability to adapt and work with other content management systems is important. We want someone who enjoys troubleshooting websites, but also wants to contribute to continuous improvement of their digital marketing activities to produce real results. You have a passion for making sites perform better and a desire to not just code but do ongoing marketing.
- Formal training in Web Design and Development is an asset.
- 1-3 years in a formal web development environment
Skills & Knowledge:
- General knowledge of CMS systems including WordPress
- WordPress theme/plug-in management and development
- Google Analytics implementation (ecommerce experience an asset)
- Google Tag Manager knowledge is an asset
- LAMP server administration
- Photoshop & other Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Troubleshoot technical issues with client websites, contribute to complex website audits
- Optimize websites for improved Load speed (ie. GZIP, caching, image optimization etc)
- Ensure websites have best practice technical SEO, responsive/mobile-friendly
- Contribute to feedback for site redevelopment projects with 3rd party design projects
- Take on implementation of new software platforms into Bluetrain toolset
- Edit layout, content and look of existing pages and forms mostly in WordPress but occasionally other content management systems.
- Interact with 3rd Party vendors about technical needs (ie. designers, web developers)
- Become Google Tag Manager certified expert and complete client implementations
- Implement full ecommerce integrations with Google Analytics
- Develop new forms using tools like Gravity Forms, Wufoo or Unbounce
- Manage website form submission data and configure platforms to share data using existing integrations (i.e. Zapier)
- Fix broken links, URL rewrites, redirects, images and other maintenance issues on websites.
- Update and optimize display of new video, page layouts & templates, etc. on client websites.
- Occasionally integrate third party APIs using scripting to share data across platforms.
- Use Optimizely to improve on page User Experience (UX) for website visitors and improve CRO
- Work with internal team to identify issues on existing client websites negatively affecting website performance.
- As the in-house developer at Bluetrain, ability to clearly present and explain complex subjects to non-technical staff and clients will be a must.
- An independent worker that self-motivates to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality), but also enjoys working with a team.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to create rapport with clients, external partners, and your Bluetrain teammates.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and self-development.
- Sense of humour and ability to have FUN!
If the description above sounds like YOU please send your cover letter & resume to [email protected], Attention: Human Resources. Please note “Web Developer” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.