I got to sit down with Regan Lavoie, one of Bluetrain’s all-star Account Managers, to learn a little more about this business-minded professional. Bet you’ll never guess who she shares her birthday with.
1. RB: Where did you grow up?
RL: Sherwood Park.
2. RB: What did you like most about growing up in Sherwood Park?
RL: The people here are great! My son had his first car accident recently (hit a sign, no one was hurt thank goodness) and everyone who drove by stopped to help and see if he was okay.
3. RB: Any siblings?
4. RB: What words would your family use to describe you?
RL: Creative, easy going most of the time, but I can get pretty competitive. I come from a family of athletes so I think we all have that gene.
RB: Haha, awesome!
5. RB: What is your family like?
RL: We all live in or around Edmonton so we spend a lot of time together. My kids have a pretty big cheering squad at all their games.
RB: Aww, that’s nice.
6. RB: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
RL: I wanted to be happy.
7. RB: How would you describe your family’s heritage?
RL: My dad is French and my mom’s heritage is English and Scottish.
8. RB: What made you decide to apply to Bluetrain?
RL: I took Business Management in school and Marketing was one of my favourite classes because it required a business-oriented mind as well as creative ability. Bluetrain has a good reputation in the industry and the fact that it is in Sherwood Park is fantastic.
9. RB: What do you think about the world of digital marketing?
RL: I think it’s a growing industry that’s changing all the time. I think the fact that you can actually see tangible results on a daily basis is such a great feature to be able to offer clients. It is an industry that you get to work with people of all ages and backgrounds who bring something different to the table. I love the variety that working with different clients in different industries offers.
10. RB: What do you take away from your past work experience that you’ll apply to your current position at Bluetrain?
RL: In all of my past experiences, I have always worked on behalf of someone else. I’ve represented clients, students, staff, and even constituents. As an Account Manager, you are doing exactly that.
11. RB: Favourite food?
RL: I don’t have a favourite food.
RL: Seafood maybe? Anything salty really!
12. RB: Mushrooms or olives?
13. RB: What do you do for fun?
RL: I love watching my kids play sport. They make me very proud and happy. I also enjoy watching hockey – big Oiler fan!
14. RB: What do you do to relax?
RL: Yoga and hot baths.
RB: Yes! Both of those things are the best!
15. RB: What is your guilty pleasure?
RL: Craft beer! Really hoppy craft beer.
RB: Cheers to that!
16. RB: Favourite book or movie?
RL: Anything written by Haruki Murakami.
17. RB: Do you play volleyball or squash? This is a mandatory question from Bryan.
RL: Love volleyball. Tried squash. Do people still play squash…?
18. RB: Summer or winter?
RL: Summer! No contest – it’s too cold here.
19. RB: Tea or Coffee?
RL: Hot water with lemon.
RB: Ah yes, that is your specialty!
20. RB: Another important question – cupcakes or cookies?
RL: I don’t eat sweet.
RL: I’d take a bag of chips over cupcakes or cookies anyday!
RB: Oh right, you like the salty foods.
21. RB: Speaking of cupcakes or cookies – when is your birthday?
RL: February 2, Groundhog Day!
RB: Haha, fun!