Social media management can be overwhelming, especially for small businesses or companies that don’t have a designated internal team. There are so many different facets of social media aside from simply creating and publishing content. From community management to analyzing performance to staying up to date with the latest updates, managing social media is a full-time job that many organizations just don’t have the capacity for. And that’s where a social media management agency comes in!
Outsourcing your social media marketing is a great way to save time and resources, working alongside experts who have the knowledge and experience to help your business reach its full potential.
Thinking it’s time to hand over your passwords to a trusted partner? Here are some of the benefits of outsourcing your social media management services!
Saves your business time
By leveraging the skills and knowledge of professionals, your team will be left with the energy and resources to focus on other important tasks that will provide value to your customers. Chances are, businesses that think they need to do their digital marketing all on their own will not be as efficient as they would be if they recognized their areas of opportunity and outsourced.
Reduce your responsibilities! When you hire a contractor or an internal employee, you are responsible for managing and overseeing their work. This includes providing direction, supervision, and addressing any issues that arise. In contrast, when working with an agency, they are responsible for the management of their team, allowing you to have a more hands-off approach. Your level of involvement can be tailored to your preference.
Work with industry experts
Social media management agencies are full of individuals with a wealth of knowledge on all things social media. From content creation to strategy, working with a professional social media team will help expand your business and expose you to new techniques and ideas. These industry experts will:
- Audit your current social media efforts, identify any shortcomings, and gain insights into areas of opportunity
- Looking for more leads? Brand awareness? A social media management agency will be able to tailor the strategy to your goals and produce results by creating intentional content
- Always be on top of what’s trending and adjust to algorithm updates as they arise
Access advanced marketing tools
When you hire an external social media team, another component you will find beneficial is the use of their marketing tools. A lot of premium tools are not as accessible for individuals or smaller companies because they require a significant budget or specialized knowledge to operate. Agencies have access to these extremely valuable platforms, and they are often included as part of your contract. Some of the perks that come along with working with professionals are:
- Scheduling platforms: Sprout Social and Hootsuite are some of the most popular, and Bluetrain’s personal favourite is HeyOrca!
- Analytics and reporting tools to update you on performance
- Graphic design tools to help elevate your visuals, like Canva or Adobe
Improve social media reputation management
With a dedicated social media team running your accounts, gone are the days of missing an opportunity to share information or connect with your audience. You’ll be able to maintain strong customer-business relations and consistently share updates with your community members through a cohesive, aligned approach.
- Once the target audience is identified, all efforts will be catered to reach them
- Establish a consistent brand voice and messaging
- Maintain a reliable strategy for community management on social media channels to promote customer satisfaction and engagement
Assist with additional digital marketing services
Often, agencies can be a one-stop shop for all things digital marketing! You might initially employ an agency for a social media strategy and then evolve your needs to other digital marketing services like paid ad campaigns or SEO support. Having access to these integrated services in one place helps improve efficiency and streamline all your digital marketing efforts. Some of the other services you may have access to include:
- Online advertising– through a variety of channels such as display, paid search, and social advertising.
- SEO– create and maintain a search strategy from content optimization to local SEO.
- Website development– whether you’re building from scratch or adding eCommerce functionality
- Content production– blogs, newsletter, photography/videography
Consider this before outsourcing your social media marketing:
“How much time do I have to allocate to social media?”
- Just because you are giving control to someone else, you still have to be available to support. Who will your internal contact be to provide the social media team with everything they need?
“Do I have brand guidelines established?”
- It’s important to have an established brand voice before you begin working with a social media agency. This will ensure your marketing efforts all appear streamlined and cohesive.
“What are our goals?”
- Brand awareness? Purchase or conversions? Driving traffic to your website? This is important to know so all partners are collectively working towards the goals that matter most to you.
“Is it time for a fresh perspective?”
- We know how easy it can be to start feeling burnt out from attempting to manage your social media marketing efforts, on top of all the other components of running a business. If your social media content is starting to feel stale and you’re not seeing the results that you had hoped for, sometimes a new perspective is all it takes!
Are you thinking about outsourcing your social media management? If you’re struggling with your current online marketing presence or just simply don’t have the time or talent to continue internally, you’re in luck! We’d love to have you on board. Reach out to learn more about hiring an experienced social media management team.